This club can be used both right- and left-handed. The left-hand face is solid, while the right hand face has 5 lead dowels. Randall believed that, because lead was such a soft metal, a face with a few lead plugs would soften the feel of the ball at impact.
Rather than insert lead across the entire face, as a few other inventors had
done, Randall wanted to use lead plugs. Randall believed that a solid lead face would soon become dented and
worn, with consequent loss of accuracy in play.
The raised crease on the top of the head runs up the front of the hosel and continued up the front of the shaft a goodly distance. The sole is marked "J Randall, Sundridge Pk, Kent" and "Registered No 685,349." This British registered design number dates to early 1923.
This club has its original shaft and leather wrapped grip. However, a Whitcombe wound rubber grip was installed on this club, directly on top of the original grip, back when this club was in use. Overall, this club is in great condition. The soft aluminum head is still in great shape!