These two mechanical golf figures were created by the A. Schoenhut Company of Philadephia, Pennsylvania. Both originally came with a removable club that was used to strike a metal ball and play an indoor golf game. The person controlling the model golfers would move a lever on the back of the shaft to control how hard the golfer would strike the ball. A ratchet mechanism inside the shaft enables the golfing figures to take their swing and
move their heads.
The metal plate just below the grip area is engraved "Manufactured by The A. Schoenhut Co, Phila, PA, Pat USA March 14, 1922, Foreign Patents Pending." Both figures have their original paint - small amount missing but no
repainting. Both golfers are in full working order.