Stamped "D. Anderson" atop the head, this club was produced by David Anderson in the mid 1890s. Anderson opened a clubmaker business in 1893 which enjoyed healthy growth over time.
This putter has a nice sheepskin grip and greenheart shaft that is stamped "John Wisden & Company, 21 Cranbourn Street, London WC." This tells us that Anderson made the club for Wisdon, a general sporting goods retailier, to sell. The white bone slip on the leading edge, the cross-scored face, and the round lead button in the sole are attractive features of this club, which has its original finish, shaft and grip.