Born in St. Andrews, John "Jack" Morris was the son of George Morris,
Old Tom's older brother. In 1869, when Royal Liverpool Golf Club
(Hoylake) was formed, Jack was hired as their first professional. He
remained at his post until 1929, when he retired from Hoylake. Sixty years at the same club speaks volumes about Morris, and in a positive wey.
This circa 1885 "J. Morris"-stamped putter was used but everything appears to be original and the club still looks great! The original 37 1/2" shaft has its original sheepskin grip. The finish and neck whipping are original. The horn is original but is missing a small piece on its backside near the toe. The head measures 5" in length, 1 15/16" in width, and 1 1/8 in face depth.
For more on Jack Morris, see TCA V1 P 101.