Wilson made various models of Walker Cup woods over the years, beginning around 1924, when they received a registered "Walker Cup" trademark for their clubs. Wilson produced this particular matching driver/brassie set of Walker Cup woods for one year only—1929. Walker Cup woods made in the 1930s had different inserts. This set has its original shafts, grips, finish, etc. and shows light use. Even much if not most of the original Walker Cup shaft decals still remain and one of the original leather grips is still clearly marked "The Link Grip" (the other was not marked).
Wilson's 1929 catalog (which noted that Walker cup drivers, brassies, and spoons could be ordered individual, as a pair, or as a set of three) describes this pair of Walker Cup woods as follows:
"The heads are a polished nature wood finish with the weight scientifically placed in relation to the striking surface. The fancy fibre metal screw locked faces are not affected by moisture or climactic conditions and will not work loose. (Face colors are different on driver, brassie and spoon to make identification easy.) Alumo metal backs and combination aluminum and brass sole plates."
It should be noted that the vast majority of Walker Cup woods were made with steel shafts, as they were originally sold after 1924, when the USGA declared steel shaft to be conforming to the Rules of golf. The 1929 catalog offered only offered Walker Cup woods made with "seamless drawn steel with black Indestructo sheath" shafts, so this set with wood shafts would have been a special order. Few original wood-shafted examples like this set exist. A great set!