In March of 1912, Chalres Seely received a
US Patent that covered the long forked hosel on this mid-iron. The
purpose of Seely’s iron, as compared to a typical iron during his day,
was to take weight away from the hosel and position it across the back
of the blade. Spalding produced these clubs between 1912 and 1919. The back of this head is stamped “A.G. Spalding & Bros, Seely Patent, May 14, 1912." "Mid-Iron" is stamped on the sole.
The shaft and grip are original. This mid-iron is a clean and shows little wear. A wonderful club!
TCA2 Vol. 21 p. 183